Monday, January 28, 2008

Faithful

This past Sunday morning on our way to church, I noticed that the moon was still visible in the sky. It was not a usual sight, so I pointed it out to the kids. We started talking about why this happened, and I explained a few things about the rotation of the earth and moon.

It's funny how we talk about the sun rising or setting, when actually it is the earth that is moving. It made me think about God. He is always in the midst of life, shining brightly and shedding His warmth and love. We, on the other hand, often wonder where God is. We don't always see Him because we have changed our point of view.

I am thankful for God's faithfulness. Sometimes in those rough times of life it is hard to detect His presence. We feel we are walking in the dark, unable to see the path ahead. But just like the sun, God is waiting to shine His light. He wants to give us the hope and strength we need.

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,'
says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him!'"
Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments: