Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ultra Clean

I washed my dining room curtains today. My husband was replacing some window shades, so I used this as a perfect opportunity to wash the lace curtains. I used hot water and bleach and a good detergent with the hope that the dingy coloring would be replaced by an almost new looking shine.

Boy, was I disappointed. They didn’t even look as if they had been washed at all! All my efforts had failed. New lace curtains will be on the top of my home improvement list real soon.

Trying to cover up our sins is like washing dingy and stubborn stained curtains. No matter what we try, the results are unsatisfactory. We can never get that clean look back again.

Only God can cleanse us completely. He can take our sins and make them as white as snow (Isaiah 1:18), removing the stain from our lives. Jesus’ death on the cross made this possible. However, we have to ask Him into our hearts so the cleansing process can take effect.

Don’t be like discolored curtains that you have washed and washed all over again in your own efforts, only never to be clean. Ask the Lord to heal you and make you ultra clean.

No comments: