Monday, August 4, 2008

Image

I can’t believe it. I can’t imagine paying fourteen million dollars just to buy the first publically released pictures of the baby twins of two famous movie stars. I don’t know what’s more foolish: the magazines paying for this “privilege;” or the people who will clamor to buy the magazines to see the photos. I wonder how many will want to save this issue as a collector’s item.

Our priorities in this world have gone crazy. We are consumed by image and popularity instead of character and quality. We get enticed by who’s who and what’s what. I can say this first hand because I’ve attended several of Hollywood’s elite award ceremonies in the past, and I’ve seen how absolutely frenzied some of the fans can get.

Movie stars are just regular people who have been glamorized by publicity agents and paparazzi. They are not extra special. They laugh and cry and eat and sleep just like you and me. The only difference is that more people notice what they do because of the image that has been created about them. Most of the time those images are fabrications, hardly resembling the real person.

What’s the real you? Are you exactly what people see, or have you created a false image about yourself? You may be able to fool those around you, but God sees your heart. He knows who you really are.

Looking to change your image? Ask God to enter into your life and change your heart so He can mold and shape you into the image you were created to be.

No comments: