Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mornings

I love mornings. I love waking up with the promise of a fresh day ahead. Sleeping in has never been for me. In fact, sleeping past seven is late.

I have always favored mornings. When I was a kid, I would wake up at six wanting to watch cartoons. My parents loved the day I was able to turn the TV on for myself!

Maybe my love for mornings is why I like Lamentations 3:22-23, "Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

We don't have to feel so down when we make mistakes. God is ready and willing to forgive us. He wants to take our slate and wipe it clean.

Why don't you let God give you a new morning? You will then be blessed with a brand new day.

No comments: