Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Scripture for the School Year

God’s Word is amazing. It contains instruction, direction, hope, encouragement, admonitions, and reflections that are meant to influence our lives for God’s glory.

As I was reading my One Year Bible the other day, a Scripture seemed to jump out at me that essentially encapsulated my thoughts for my children for this school year. I was so excited by its message, that I called the kids together and read the following from 1 Corinthians 16:13-14:

“Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong. And everything you do must be done with love.”

How applicable! In school they will not have the protection of their family around them. They will have to stand on the principles we have instilled into their lives since they were born. They should not be afraid since God is always with them and they can draw strength from Him. There will be times when they won’t be able to speak about Christ as openly as at home and at church, but they can show others about Christ through their love of others.

Looking for inspiration for your school year? Look into God’s Word. It is filled with nuggets of wisdom that will be a blessing to you and your children.

No comments: