Monday, July 7, 2008

A Fitting Frustration

My boys are growing taller. They need new jeans, but it has been very frustrating trying to find pants with the proper fit. No longer does my local store carry the same slim fit style we’ve purchased in the past. Now they carry carpenter and cargo jeans with a loose or relaxed fit.

Both of my boys are very slender. They don’t like baggy pants, and I won’t let them wear them either (I can’t stand seeing boys with pants ready to fall off any second). On Sunday, as we journeyed from store to store at the mall trying to find the elusive fit, I was amazed at how few selections there were for boys. Each store seemed to carry the same loose-fitting styles. Who said kids are the trend setters? The stores only sell certain items, so essentially you get what’s available.

But I didn’t want to settle. There had to be a decent pair somewhere. We finally found some at the Levi Outlet store of all places. Of course, we had to spend a pretty penny, but at least they fit; and they look good, too. The only problem is they only fit my oldest son. They are too big for my other son, so the hunt for him continues.

Sometimes we have to search diligently for the things we are looking for. The Bible is full of wonderful words and promises that are just what we need. Stop being frustrated by circumstances that are the wrong size and style for your life. Look into God’s Word to find the wisdom and inspiration that are the perfect fit for you!

No comments: