Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blessed Vision

Have you thanked God for your eyes? Although all our body members are necessary, I think we often take our eyes for granted. We need them to drive, comb our hair, and see facial expressions when speaking to others. They are crucial when watching young children and making sure dinner is cooked to perfection.

Our eyes warn us of danger and keep us from stumbling as we move about. They allow us to see the observable manifestations of God in the skies, the land, and the seas. Without them we cannot admire a dramatic sunset or catch the first smile of a child. There is so much to see in this visible world.

As a writer I would be at a loss if my eyes did not function properly. I already use glasses for reading and distance, and as I get older I notice my eyesight grows weaker. Although I can think creatively, the ideas flow more easily if I “see” the words as they are being written down. My eyes are truly a blessing.

Do you appreciate the eyes that the Lord has given you? Make sure you thank Him for His most visible gift.

No comments: