Friday, October 31, 2008

Deception Calls

I keep getting phone calls with recorded messages that tell me this is my last chance to adjust my credit card balances with low interest rates. The funny thing is, I have no credit card balances. My husband and I don’t use our credit cards. These calls are deceptive ways to trick the consumer to buy into someone else’s program so that the new program can receive the interest payments.

I have also received calls telling me my car warranty is about to expire, so I need to call back right away if I want to extend my warranty. Here again, another deception since we don’t have warranties on our cars. I am amazed at how people will try to bend over backwards to trick and deceive in order to get the business.

It’s hard to know what’s true anymore. You can’t believe everything you hear or see or read. Unless you really scrutinize things, you can get yourself into big trouble. Just look at the mortgage messes that have arisen these past few months.

Thankfully, the Bible, is truth. It can be scrutinized and checked out and it will always pass the test. And this is so because it is the inspired Word of God. Because of the trustworthiness of the Bible, I have reliable promises that I can stand on. There are no tricks or deceptive ads or false reports. You get a loving God reaching out to a fallen world offering Himself as a sacrifice for those He created.

Looking to hang up on the deception? Trust God’s Word and you will find truth.

No comments: