Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Opportunities Knock

I love it when the Lord opens up doors of opportunities that I wasn’t expecting. An inquiry led to at least two assignments for a magazine with an additional offer to write about a topic they introduced. How good the Lord is!

Some might think, “But you took the initiative. It was your efforts that opened up the opportunity.”

Yes, but they could have said, “No, we’re not interested at this time.”

I believe God interacts in my life. He is my Lord and my God. Nothing that comes my way is by accident. He guides and directs. He orchestrates and allows. I have the freedom to choose my direction in life, but I know that if I ask Him to lead and I do what is pleasing in His eyes, then the opportunities that open up for me are from Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths (NKJV).”

Are you looking for doors of opportunities in your life? Let the Lord lead and see what He opens up for you.

No comments: