Friday, October 10, 2008

To Fear or Not to Fear

With the recent crisis in Wall Street, the panic of many investors has caused stocks to drop dramatically. The solution, according to one financial person interviewed on the radio, was to control the fear, since the system, given time, will make its own corrections.

But how were people to control their fears? Is that where the government’s so called bail-out was to come into play? Was the government the answer to fear?

I am not willing to place my mental security in the hands of a man-made institution. I would rather place myself in the hands of my loving, sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent God. He can give me a peace that goes beyond any human understanding. He can bring calm to chaos, tranquility to turmoil, and comfort to confusion.

Psalm 34:4 says, “I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”

Want peace in the midst of a crazy and mixed up world? Call out to God and place yourself in His tender loving care.

No comments: