Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pads of Paper

When I was young, I loved going into the drugstore in town to buy a pad of writing paper. If memory serves me right, I used to pay 50 cents per pad. I didn't use it for writing, though. I used it to draw.

I would take my blue pen and draw all sorts of pictures: horses, hands, candles, faces. I had so much fun taking those blank pieces of paper and creating something from my imagination. Instead of looking at that blank page as empty, I saw it as waiting for something magical to happen when my ideas hit the page.

Sometimes we find ourselves in situations where our lives feel empty. We seem as if nothing is written on the pages of our lives. Thoughts flee, emotions drain. However, when we hand ourselves over to God, He takes our emptiness and starts drawing and outlining His wonderful plans for us. We are no longer blank pages, but beautiful pieces of art personally designed by our master's hand.

I still have many of my old pads of paper. It's fun to flip through them every once in a while and look at all that I drew. Do you want your life to be full instead of empty? Do you want God to draw His perfect plan for you? Trust in Him. Hand Him the pen and then see all that He has planned just for you!

No comments: