Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God's Amazing Confirmations

I was down to the wire. I had told my publisher that I would present a proposal this month for a new project. After studying their catalog, praying, and jotting down ideas, I had three possibilities. But which one should I choose? Time was running out.

Yesterday morning I decided to literally lay my ideas before the Lord. I took my three potential projects, walked into my room, laid them on the floor, knelt down, and began to pray. I asked the Lord to make it clear during the day which one I was to choose since I wanted to contact the publisher the next day. My projects weren't normal everyday topics. If He chose to, He could make the choice apparent to me. I even asked that if these topics were wrong, then show me another one. After praying a bit and reading some Bible passages, I continued my day.

That afternoon I drove to pick up my eldest son from school. I usually go early, park in front of the school and do some work. This time I intended not to take any work with me, but to listen to one of the teaching messages on a Christian radio station. The message for that time was about making decisions. The pastor was explaining that often when people have a choice between several options, they usually have one in mind already. This was partially true for me since one of my ideas kept coming to mind more often than the others.

But when the program was over, a commercial came on. I had never heard this commercial before and it wasn't related to my ideas, so I was caught a bit off guard when it mentioned the very topic I was just thinking about. Like I stated earlier, the topics I had chosen were not ordinary topics; so it was a big thing for me to actually hear that particular term used at that time.

Okay. So I had my proposal idea. But when I went to pick up my other kids from school later that afternoon, I quickly prayed for the Lord to show me if I was to present one of the other two ideas to the publisher as well. As I was standing in front waiting for the school bell to ring, an older boy who was waiting for one of his siblings suddenly spoke out the exact phrase of one of my other topics! Out of the blue! I smiled and silently thanked the Lord for showing me so vividly what I was to do.

Do you have a choice to make? Take it directly to the Lord. Lay it before Him and ask Him to make it clear to you. You may be surprised at the way He shows you!

2 comments:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

This is so-o-o-o exciting, Catherine!!!!!! Isn't is amazing how God works? Wahoo!!!!!!
-Nancy

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Catherine, isn't it amazing how God uses other people to confirm his plan for us!

Gloria