Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fast and Furious

A cold has hit me fast and furious. I was perfectly fine on Monday, but by midday on Tuesday, my throat was scratchy and I was developing chest congestion! Now I have a cough and my voice is just about gone.

We often take our health for granted. When we're feeling well, we tend to think of ourselves as unstoppable; our efforts unlimited. How fast our puffy attitudes deflate when we are sick! We wonder how we're ever going to accomplish all that needs to be done.

I try to make an extra effort to rest when I'm sick. It's difficult, especially when I still have kids to drop off and pick up from school. But if I don't take care of myself, then my family will suffer a lot more when it takes longer for me to heal.

I also try to use my "down" time as an opportunity to pray for others. Sometimes when we're busy running around getting all our "stuff" done, we don't pray as earnestly for those we know who are in need. When I'm trying to rest, I find it a perfect time to lift others up to the Lord.

Has life hit you fast and furious? Don't be bothered because of all the things you can't do. Make the most of your time by praying for others.

1 comment:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick! I'm praying you get better very, very soon!!!! Enjoy your sweet fellowship with God. -Nancy