Monday, April 14, 2008

Be Still

I've been running hard all weekend. Family members are visiting from out of town, so I had different events going on that took up much of my time. I was going from here to there and back again. Now I'm beat. In fact, sitting in front of my computer right now, my mind feels like a blank wordprocessing screen with the cursor blinking on and off as it waits for me to start typing.

Let it blink.

I need to be still. I need to sit and meditate on the Lord because, although I have not forgotten to pray or read my Bible, I feel I am lacking that quiet time with Him. I need the renewal that only comes with taking time to worship and to pray and seek His face.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go be still for awhile. If you are worn out, you might want to do the same.

"But those who wait on the LORD

Shall renew their strength;

They shall mount up with wings like eagles,

They shall run and not be weary,

They shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31


1 comment:

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Catherine, been there. And, your solution is the best!
Gloria