Friday, April 18, 2008

Weather Watch

I like keeping an eye on the weather. There are two weather widgets on my computer desktop giving me the current temperature and the weekly expected highs and lows. In the evenings, if I get a chance, I watch one of the local TV news stations to get a glimpse of the next day's forecast. In the mornings I take a peek outside to figure out what is best to wear.

Although the meteorologists have up-to-date information with the help of computers and satellites, they cannot accurately forecast the weather. While I was enjoying low 80 degree temps yesterday, my relatives in Santa Fe were having snow! Weather changes constantly. Conditions vary sometimes by the minute, often with surprising outcomes. No one, even with the best equipment, can keep up with the changes at all times.

Nothing surprises God. He knows exactly what the temperatures will be. He knows when the storms are coming or when we'll experience the lulls before the next deluge. So why do we have a hard time trusting Him? Why, despite sometimes a very unstable track record, are we more likely to believe a weathercaster instead of God?

God never fails. He is always on time, always right, and always available. His Words are truth, and His message of love gives us eternal life.

Are you looking for some stability; something that you can count on? Don't trust the weather. Trust God. He is one hundred percent accurate all the time!

2 comments:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

Once again, Catherine, you have given me the inspiration to start my day off right--trusting God! Thanks and have a wonderful day.
-Nancy

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Catherine,
Thanks for reminding me we have a God who never makes a mistake and is always in control.

Gloria