Thursday, April 3, 2008

Signed, Sealed, and On Its Way

I did it. I signed my first book contract and now it's making its way to my publisher. Oooh! I can say "my" publisher now! This has been an amazing journey and, technically, it's really just beginning! The book still has to be published. But the fact that it is in the process is truly amazing. When I accepted the Lord's call to write a few years ago, I never dreamed I'd be signing a book contract this soon. God is so awesome!

How will I celebrate? I don't have any definite plans, but I know I owe it all to God. He gave me the talents and skills early on, even though I didn't recognize them until much later. He stirred my heart to show me writing was a key way I was to serve Him. He has brought friends and mentors and open doors to allow me to travel this road.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is found in 1 Chronicles 17:16: "Then King David went in and sat before the LORD; and he said: 'Who am I, O LORD God? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far?'"

To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Catherine, how awesome.Now it is official!!!
I look forward to seeing the book in print (and getting my copy autographed!).

gloria