Tuesday, April 8, 2008

His Word Does Not Come Back Void

Some time ago a woman I know experienced the death of her husband. When Christmas came around, I wasn't sure what to give her for a present. I prayed about it and then sent her a box of little Scripture cards for daily reading. I knew that the only One who could touch her heart with the love she needed was God.

The other day I saw the woman. She started to thank me for my gift and then began to cry. Those little cards were such a source of strength for her. They moved in her heart and allowed her to see God's promises more vividly than she ever had before. Her Bible reading began to impact her life, showing her how amazing God truly was and how much He cared for her. God met her in a very real and personal way.

Afterward I thanked the Lord for using me in this situation. I could have done nothing or I could have sent her something safe. Instead I knew she needed God's Word which was the only way she would ever have the true peace she was so desperately wanting.

Are you listening to what God is calling you to do for others? Are you reaching out with His Word to give comfort and hope? God promises His Word will not return void. Pray to see how God wants to use you in someone's life.

No comments: