Monday, April 7, 2008

In Retrospect

Sometimes it's good to look back. I pulled out an old journal and started reading through the pages. It brought back many memories, both good and bad. The great thing was that it was so evident that God was in the midst of everything that had happened to me.

I was able to recall the growth I experienced from the trials I had gone through. There had been pain in some of those trials. It was good to remember that God had carried me through every single one of them.

I read through Scripture passages the Lord had given me with their promises of hope and renewal and strength, reminding me that God's Word is always relevant. I reread some verses that have yet to come to pass, encouraging me to look forward to what God has planned for me.

Looking behind is good when we know it's just a glance. What has God brought your through? Thank Him for His faithfulness and love.

2 comments:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

Your post today reminded me of Marty Goetz's new song, "Teach Us To Number Our Days." Thanks for the inspirational beginning to our day!
-Nancy

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Catherine, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm in the "going through" process of trials ut I know I will be able to look back on this and praise God.

Gloria