Friday, November 21, 2008

Home for the Holidays

My kids are off from school starting today for Thanksgiving vacation. We will visit a local theme park, go to a couple of orthodontist appointments, and try our hand at some early Christmas shopping. We don’t have a huge amount of plans (besides, of course, Thanksgiving Day). It just will be nice taking a break from the normal daily routines.

I will try to get some writing done, but I’m not putting any pressure on myself for the next week. I want to be able to enjoy my kids’ time off, too. But I will keep thinking of ideas for a few deadlines I have in the weeks ahead. Jotting down notes is a lot easier and less time consuming than actually composing articles.

If you have young kids still at home, try to make good use of your holiday time with them. They grow up so fast. Treasure the moments and be thankful when they are home for the holidays.

No comments: