Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cloudy

I had a glass of ice tea with my dinner the other day. It was very refreshing and tasty. When I got about 2/3rds down, I decided to refill my glass. Something distracted me at the time, and I found myself adding milk instead of tea. The result was a cloudy mess that I refused to swallow because my pure glass of tea had become tainted.

Sometimes we forget how much sin can cloud our lives. Little things, like lies, gossip, and grumblings, can cause separation from God just as easily as adultery, theft, and murder. One drop of poison is just as bad as ten drops; so one small sin is as harmful to our relationship with God as several serious sins.

Thankfully, Jesus’ death on the cross covers all sins. He can take our cloudy lives and remove the toxins that keep us out of fellowship with Him. All He requires is that we accept Him as Lord of our life and Savior of our souls.

Looking for clarity? Ask Jesus to make your heart crystal clear.

No comments: