Friday, November 7, 2008

Boxes Galore

My living room is full of boxes. One would think I'm packing up to move, but actually my family is preparing for a garage sale.

It's amazing how much stuff we have. At one time I thought most of these things were essential, but since they've been packed away in storage for a few years, I've come to the conclusion that I don't need the majority of these items. So I'm sorting through the boxes, pulling out a few important things like extra sheets, hand towels, and baking dishes. I will be selling everything else.

Our lives sometimes carry excessive baggage. Just like all our extra stuff, we accumulate habits, attitudes, and ideas that we really don't need. Every once in awhile we need to sift and sort through everything, keeping only the necessities. The best way to do this is to ask the Lord for help. He is the best purger in the business. He can show us exactly what we need to get rid of and what we need to keep for future use.

Looking to get rid of a few things you've been keeping in storage? Let the Lord help you clean house.

No comments: