Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Close Calls

With all the fires here in Southern California the last few days, stories have begun to emerge of close calls: people having minutes to evacuate; houses saved when there had been walls of flames all around; family keepsakes surviving the infernos. Can you name some close calls in your life? I know I can name several from mine.

But I often wonder just how many close calls I’m not even aware of; times of protections that I may never know about. I’m sure there are lots of those. As a believer I know God is watching over me. The Bible even mentions that “…The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them (Psalm 34:7).”

With God our life is filtered. Nothing can reach us unless the Lord allows it. Does this mean I am protected from every little thing? No, but what does affect me has been allowed for a reason and I need to trust God’s sovereignty in allowing things to happen.

Had any close calls lately? I hope you are thanking God for His protection.

No comments: