Monday, June 1, 2009

Successful Connections

As I was logging on to the internet yesterday, I suddenly thought about my connectivity. There are times when it takes forever to get online, even with DSL. For some reason the signal isn't going through or perhaps there's some interference or I'm in an area that my router can't reach. Or maybe I can only get a local connection, which doesn't allow me to access the internet at all. But then there are other times when it only takes seconds to have the immediate access I need. I like those times because then I can get my work done in a more timely fashion.

What a perfect way to look at our relationship with the Lord. We want that immediate high speed connection to get instant access to Jesus. He has the best tech support, the strongest signals, and lightning fast speeds. So then why do we sometimes have problems hearing him? Since it's obviously not on His end, then it must be on ours. What's causing the signal to falter? Is it unconfessed sin? Is it a habit that will lead to sin in our lives? Is it because we need to learn something from our circumstance? Whatever the cause, we need to seek and work out the problem so we can get that crystal clear connection going once more.

In order to have a productive life, we need to have a successful connection with Jesus. What are you doing to make sure your signals are getting through?

No comments: