Monday, June 8, 2009

Snags

Doesn't it seem that whenever you take on an "easy" project, you end up taking hours to finish? That was me yesterday. I forgot my daughter was in need of a sun bonnet for a play she was in, so I did a quick search on the internet to find a simple pattern to sew. I found one that said I would be done in less than two hours. It took me at least five.

Of course I ran into some snags. The paper I used to draw out the pattern curled a lot. I needed to find where I had put my muslin for the brim padding. And then my sewing machine wasn't working quite right. The instructions also weren't the easiest to figure out. I wish there had been more step by step pictures. At one point I had to rip out my stitches because I realized I had sewn something incorrectly.

But the final result was worth all the effort. My daughter will have a sharp looking bonnet for her debut pioneer role.

Life sometimes is full of snags. We try to follow the directions in our rulebook, the Bible, but we sometimes read it wrong or don't quite visualize what the correct step is supposed to be. But unlike my sewing episode where I couldn't ask the author for clarification, we can ask God through the Holy Spirit what He would have us do. In time He will show us and guide us as we trust in Him.

Don't let snags slow your progress. Ask the Lord for His Divine Help.

No comments: