Friday, June 19, 2009

M.O.S.

In the film industry, when a scene is filmed without any sound, the letters "M.O.S." are written on the slate. It supposedly is an abbreviated term first used by a German film director who had come to Hollywood in the early days and wanted a scene to be filmed "Mit Out Sound."



Well, I can say that about my cell phone now. Family and friends calling me will get a M.O.S. response from me. You see, my cell phone microphone stopped working yesterday. There is nothing but silence even though I'm in the midst of talking and I can hear them perfectly. It's very frustrating being without a voice, especially when I have something to say but no means of communicating my message.



Thankfully God is not "Mit Out Sound." He speaks loud and clear through the Bible, through other believers, through nature, and through our life's circumstances. The problem is that we fail to listen. We don't take the time to see that He is trying to talk to us, or we expect Him to communicate OUR way, not His.



Don't blame God if you can't hear Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself. Then expect Him to answer. He will be faithful to sound off to you.

No comments: