Monday, September 29, 2008

Still Waiting

Can you believe it’s been almost three weeks and I’ve yet to get my computer glasses? The lab “misplaced” my frames. They were sent along with the frames for my regular glasses, but somehow they can’t find them now. The opticians have been keeping in touch with the lab. I’m supposed to go try out some new frames if the old ones aren’t found soon.

I can’t do much to speed up the process. My computer glasses would have been great to have this past week as I was working on a book proposal. Perhaps that’s why I had a headache all day Sunday. My eyes have been under some heavy strain.

I have two choices as I wait. I can get frustrated and angry and grumble about the delay, or I can wait patiently for the perfect timing of everything and just deal with the situation day by day. Sometimes circumstances are beyond our control. Since complaining about the incident won’t help matters, I prefer to take things in stride. I get less stressed that way.

How are you at waiting?

No comments: