Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Put a Rush On It

My optometrist, knowing that I was doing some major researching for an upcoming proposal, decided to put a rush order on my computer glasses. It would take two days at the latest. Thursday and Friday went by. No phone call. I figured something must have caused a delay, but I wasn’t worried.

The weekend came and went. Monday arrived. No call. Finally, the telephone rang on Tuesday with the news, “Your glasses are ready!”

But when they brought out the glasses, they were the other prescription I was expecting later in the week. The computer glasses weren’t in sight! The optician who had placed the rush couldn’t understand the delay. She had called the lab the day of the order, emphasizing the rush. She even called to remind them the next day. Since she hadn’t been the one to receive the incoming orders that morning, she assumed I was picking up my computer glasses. Thankfully I now have something to work with until my other ones are ready.

Sometimes we ask God to put a rush on our prayer requests. We want Him to act right away so we get what we want when we want it. But there are times when we just need to wait. We need to trust God’s perfect timing. He knows all the steps and intricate details that are necessary to accomplish what would be in our best interest.

What are you trying to put a rush on? Let God work things out according to His timetable, not yours.

No comments: