Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Smears & Jeers

I do not like the mud slinging and name calling the elections bring. It seems like people try to dig up the most dirt just to appall and shock and discourage voters. What happened to looking at what the candidates can do for this country? What happened to decency and fair play?

Yes, we should be aware of shady politics and see how the candidates stand on issues, but that shouldn't be cause to badger family members. It's the candidate we need to hear about, not their children.

Too bad more people don't practice what David wrote in Psalm 19:14, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer." If they did we'd have more civil behavior in our elections because we would be held to God's standards, not our own.

But then again, if this were a perfect world, Jesus would be the King of all and we wouldn't need to hold elections.

1 comment:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to that day when Jesus sets up His glorious kingdom!
-Nancy