Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hanging On

After three weeks I still have my cold. I don't have the stuffy nose or the congestive cough or the sore throat anymore, but I have a heavy chest and I get tired too easily. I don't think I've ever had a cold last this long.

To make sure I didn't have anything serious, I made a doctor's appointment yesterday. I got in pretty fast, stood on the scale (they must have fixed it this time since my weight was closer to what it should have been on the last visit two months ago), had my blood pressure and temperature checked, and then waited a good ten minutes for the doctor to arrive.

I explained my symptoms and the doctor made me breathe deeply and cough loudly. Then he set me up with antibiotics for 10 days to get rid of the infection in my chest. I will be glad when this cold stops hanging on.

The effects of sin seem to infect our lives for a long time. We can try all sorts of remedies to relieve our consciences, to patch up our lives, and try to get back on our feet, but inevitably we will fail in our feeble attempts and the sin will hang on and on. Only a True Physician can diagnose us properly and give us the correct prescription that will get us back on the road to recovery. That Doctor is Jesus. When we come to Him in the midst of our sins and ask for His forgiveness, He can touch our hearts and our lives and heal us. We can be cleansed and made new. We can be freed from the weight of our transgressions.

Is sin hanging on like a never ending cold? Turn to the Great Physician and let Him make you healthy and whole once again.

2 comments:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather! I pray for complete healing for you!!! Maybe if you just sit around and eat bonbons and think of opening lines for Rachelle's contest, you'll feel better double quick! (Well, I don't know about the bonbons part...) Smile. Get better soon!
-Nancy

Catherine L. Osornio said...

Mmmm! I used to love bonbons! Of course those would be the worst things for a cold... but I do like the sentiment upon which it was delivered.

I can still ponder over Rachelle's contest, though.