Monday, March 24, 2008

Family

I had a great time with family yesterday. My cousins, grandmother, mother, aunt, sister, niece and nephew, and my family met up at my Mom's to celebrate Easter. We hugged, conversed, laughed, ate, laughed some more, and just had a wonderful afternoon of fellowship. I love getting together on holidays.

Our busy lives don't allow us much extra time to get together than those few days a year. Work, school, distance and extra curricular activities are some of the reasons we don't see each other more often. We also all have different friends, so we don't associate with the same people.

Have you thought how it will be in heaven when the members of God's family get together? Even though we will come from different backgrounds and different regions of the world, we will be united because of our common love of Jesus. We will have automatic kinsmanship as if we had always known one another.

Because our main purpose in heaven will be to worship and glorify God, we won't be worried about leaving our time of fellowship because of work the next day or a school assignment that needs finishing. We will want to stay and interact with our fellow believers in open praise to our Lord and King. Our thoughts will be focused on God and not ourselves.

Will you be joining me in heaven for fellowship with God? I'm looking forward to praising Him with you!

2 comments:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

I'll join you, Catherine! What a wonderful day that will be!
-Nancy

Catherine L. Osornio said...

Amen!