Monday, October 12, 2009

Do You Have the Correct User Name?

I was all set to write a new post for my blog, but when I went to log in, the site wouldn't accept my password. Try as I might, things just weren't working. Finally, after about twenty tries, I realized I was trying to log in with a different user name. No wonder it didn't recognize me.

Heaven is going to be like that. Unless we have a recognizable user name, we're just not going to get in. Even if we know the right password, which is Jesus, the site will remain off limits to us.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"

People will know Jesus is the way to get to heaven, but unless they accept Him as their Lord and Savior, they will not be recognized as children of the living God. Have you personally taken the time to ask Jesus into your heart to make Him Lord of your life? If you're not sure, do it now. He will only acknowledge those who are truly His.


No comments: