Friday, October 2, 2009

Change of Plans

I had my day planned perfectly. I was going to run to the post office and the bank, and then I would head home to work a few hours on a project due next week. But I had an unexpected change of plans. My husband ended up having the day off and, well, there went my day.

I can't really complain. I got to spend a rare morning with him without the kids. I still got my errands done, but the writing will just have to wait. And we did have a very nice lunch together.

We need to be adaptable when a change of plans comes our way. Sometimes it will be a good thing, like yesterday for me. Other times it will challenge our patience. But the more we accept these changes with the knowledge that God allowed our plans to change, the better off we are. We may even be surprised by the results of our day.

No comments: