Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Second Choice

I forgot to make my husband's lunch the other day. My normal practice is to make lunches after dinner for the whole family so they're ready the next morning for school and work. Being summer vacation, my routine is a bit off, so I got distracted and forgot to make his lunch.

Of course I remembered about 5 a.m., after he had already left and there was nothing I could do about it. He ended up buying from the lunch truck, which lacked healthy choice menu items; a concern since he has to do some lab work in a day or two. My husband had to settle for poor quality because the good stuff had not been available to him.

Thankfully we have no excuse when it comes to spiritual matters. We have God's love letter to us, the Bible, to inspire and direct our lives. There is no one to blame if we don't open this book, read it, and apply it. We are each accountable for seeking its wisdom and using its encouragements to become faithful followers of Christ.

Don't settle for second choice. Open God's word, take it to heart, and recognize that God loves you and wants what's best for you.

No comments: