Thursday, December 11, 2008

Routine Changes

For the next week I have to change my daily routine because my husband’s work schedule has changed. It’s nice and difficult at the same time. It’s nice because I get him for a few extra hours without the kids, but it is difficult because my normal writing schedule has to be put on hold so I can give him adequate attention.

We can either stress out and complain about the alterations that come our way, or we can try to have a positive attitude about them. I liked my husband going to the library with me when I needed some research materials. It was comforting having him next to me at the kids’ awards ceremony. It was great going out for lunch, too. Although I have few deadlines coming up, I know these free times with my husband are rare and I want to enjoy them while I can.

Don’t let changes to your daily routine spoil your day. Make the best of them. You might even have some fun. I know I am!

No comments: