Friday, December 19, 2008

Quick Learner

Are you a quick learner? That was definitely an attribute I often placed on resumes when I wanted potential employers to know that I was willing and able to undertake new projects. I wanted to make myself more marketable.

However, it isn't always easy to be a quick learner when it comes to spiritual matters. Since we aren't perfect, there are many character flaws that God wants to correct. If we catch on quickly, we can surrender ourselves to God's direction so the changing process can begin. But more often than not, we either don't want to identify our problem or we stubbornly resist any change.

God is less concerned about our comforts than He is about our character. If there is something we need to work on in our lives, He will definitely let us know. The more we resist the more God seems to persist in getting our attention.

Take my word for it: if you see a change is necessary, submit yourself to God for correction and direction. I still feel the scars of my stubborn and resistant behavior; scars that would have been non-existant if I had listened to the Lord's calling and warnings.

It's much easier if we let God help us. He loves us and wants what's best for us.
Ask God to help you be a quick learner.

No comments: