Monday, December 8, 2008

My Winter Weather

The weather is beginning to cool down. Yesterday the temps were in the 60’s with today’s high topping out at 60 degrees. This is warm by the standards of many cities to the east of California, but for us here in Southern California, this is cold.

There is something about the colder weather. You can pile on blankets and get all snuggly in the covers. You can bake all day and not overheat the house. You can pull out the warm sweaters and jackets and be thankful when they don’t smell too musty.

I don’t think I could deal with constant snow as some friends and family have to deal with. I like the snow, but driving in it, shoveling it, and seeing no grass for a few months would not be easy getting used to. The relatives can send me all the winter pictures they want.

Hopefully the temps will remain cool until Christmas. It’s tough singing Christmas carols when it’s 80 plus degrees outside.

No comments: