Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cellular Division

Everyone seems to be enamored with their cell phones. I constantly see people jabbering away anywhere (including in the bathroom stalls!!), or see their fingers flying as they text. I think this is all a bit much.

Don’t get me wrong. I love technical gadgets. But I have to draw the line at talking while on the toilet. How do explain the flush?

I also don’t text. I prefer direct conversation along with polite manners. One woman insisted on keeping her phone conversation at the bank the other week while in front of the teller. I felt sorry for the teller who was being totally ignored while trying to complete the woman’s business.

Every once in awhile I want some quiet. I don’t want to be talking every single second, and I don’t think I’d like having to constantly type my responses (I e-mail too much as it is).

So for all you cell phone fans who take their phones everywhere, have fun. In the meantime, don’t call me when I’m in the restroom. My voicemail will be the only thing that will answer.

No comments: