Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Little Rain

There is something comforting about the sound of falling rain. Perhaps it’s because it reminds me of warm blankets, freshly baked cookies, a cup of hot tea, and a good book. I especially like the idea of a good book. Of course, yesterday while it rained outside, I had the cookies baking, but I never quite got to the other comforts.

The closest I got was sitting in my cold car with the rain drizzling down as I waited for my son to get out of school. My toes were wet and cold, but the soft sounds cascading on the car roof brought a smile to my face. Falling rain is also nice to sleep to, especially when you are snuggled nice and warm in bed.

The weather is supposed to change today with sunny skies. There is another chance of rain next week before Christmas. I will look forward to the next rain since the kids will be home from school. Maybe I can get them to like listening to the rain, too.

No comments: