Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If the Shoe Fits

I’ve been having the toughest time trying to find a certain pair of shoes. I will be going to a book expo and for weeks I have been trying to find a stylish, yet comfortable pair of shoes that will match the suit I’ll be wearing. Hmmm…stylish and comfortable. Talk about an oxymoron!

I did finally locate a pair that is nice looking and practical (maybe not as comfortable as I’d like, but I should be able to manage a good 4 to 6 hours on my feet). The problem is that I picked up the wrong size. I fluctuate between an 8 and 8 ½, depending on the shoe. Because I was in a rush, I grabbed the 8 without walking around in them. My mistake. I need the ½ size more. When I went back to see if they had the bigger size, the store was all out. I need to go to another store miles away for the proper pair.

Thankfully, no matter how big or small our shoes are, Jesus Christ is the proper fit for everyone. With Him, one size fits all. Unfortunately, we are to blame if we don’t accept His free gift of eternal life. He will not force us to believe in Him; He just makes Himself available.

Have you tried Jesus on for size? You may be surprised at the perfect fit He is to your life.

No comments: