Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Heavenly Declaration II

Did you see the lunar eclipse last night? The shadow of the earth slowly covered the moon, causing our silent satellite to blacken out for about an hour. It was a spectacular sight that won't be repeated for another two years.

It's fun looking at the stars. Living in the suburbs we don't get great glimpses of the night skies, but I like the enormity I've felt out in the desert or up in the mountains when I can gaze up and see millions of stars. It's hard not to feel a little insignificant when you seem to be only a speck in the universe.

Thankfully, I am significant to God. He knows me by name. He knows how many hairs I have on my head. As a believer I am one of His children. Knowing that I am not just a bit of dust makes me feel that I have worth. The Creator of this universe loves me and He loves you, too!

Next time you look up into the night sky think about the God who made it and all it contains. He created those constellations and solar systems so you could see how real He is. Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork." The Lord has left plenty of evidence. Shouldn't you start evaluating the data?

1 comment:

Nancy I. Sanders said...

I saw just the last little bit of the eclipse and it was still pretty amazing! What an amazing God we serve!