Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Casting a Ballot

It's voting day for California and a few other states. It's interesting and kind of sad to see how many people are not registered. It's even worse to discover that for those who are, few will exert their right to cast their ballot.

I think it is the obligation of all eligible citizens to vote. Our country has fought long and hard to give this priviledge to all its citizens over eighteen years of age, regardless of color or gender. Our votes do count. Our voices can be heard. We just need to step out of the attitude of complacency and take a stand for what is right and what is true.

As a Christian, I think it is even more crucial to take a stand for moral issues. We need to seek the Lord for His choice, even when the ads and interviews tell us otherwise. If we follow God's will, then we need to trust Him for the outcome. Our obedience could lead to life changes in this land; changes that could bring healing to the crushing brokenness that surrounds us.

Who is your trust in? Man or God? I choose God. I cast my ballot for Him years ago. I want to continue to trust Him, because when I do, I am blessed through His response.

No comments: