Monday, September 28, 2009

Sour Pickles

My mom used to tell me about the dill pickles she would buy when she was a kid. They were displayed in big glass jars and the huge pickles were sold for a nickel a piece. I can just imagine her crunching into one of those juicy pickles and then puckering up because of the sour taste.

I'm a pickle lover myself, but I prefer the Kosher dills. The regular dills are just too sour for me.

Sometimes we can have attitudes that make it seem like we're eating sour pickles. Our dispositions reflect our distaste for what we are experiencing. Instead of dealing with our troubles in a positive manner, we make faces and whine.

My personal experience has shown me that having that kind of attitude never helps. In fact, it sometimes makes the situation worse because my mind gets clogged with the problem, not with ways to find a solution.

Are you experiencing sour pickles? Try to make the best of your situation so you can work towards a more productive resolution.


No comments: