Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Best Recipe for Life

It has taken me many years to finally make a tasty pot of beans. I have be shown the process by many good cooks, including my own mother, but for some reason I couldn't quite translate the recipe for myself. Maybe because there were no set measurements. Everything was done by eye.
I finally took the tips of a friend of mine, along with a few touches I learned over the years, and came up with a recipe that satisfied the taste buds of me and my family.

Our Christian walk is much like a journey in making a good pot of beans. We can follow by example what others have shown us, but unless we take the time to study the true recipe (in this case, the Lord), we will have very poor results. That's why it's so vital to read the Bible. In it we find direction and encouragements to lead a fruitful life dedicated to serving God Most High.

What are you using to direct your life? Try following God's way. It is the best recipe for your life.

No comments: