Friday, September 18, 2009

Comfort Zones

Yesterday I was a guest speaker at a friend's writers' group. It went really well, and although I was a bit nervous, I managed to remember my information (with the help of my index cards) and to complete my talk in a timely manner. I even received a few compliments from some of the beginning writers.

Speaking about writing is part of the process of being a writer. It is not my favorite thing to do in a big group setting, but I know it is a necessity. I have to laugh, though, because public speaking is not one of my comfort zones. I'd much prefer being behind-the-scenes instead of center stage.

But it seems the Lord has some other plans for me. He keeps moving me out of my comfort zones and into settings where I have to totally trust Him for ideas, composure, and peace. I notice that when I put myself into His care, I am more confident, my mind thinks more clearly, and I accomplish far more than I ever could under my own power.

Is the Lord moving you out of your comfort zones? Trust Him completely and be blessed by all He allows you to do.

No comments: