Friday, February 26, 2010

The Music in Me

I was in a clothing store the other day, looking for a pair of jeans and a blouse. This was the first time I had gone to this store, but I had heard they had some really great deals. And I wasn't disappointed with the many selections. However, I was shocked by some of the music playing in the background. The words of one particular song was very x-rated, and I had my young daughter with me! Is nothing sacred any more? No wonder kids have a hard time with morals. Their heads are filled with a lot of junk.

In my car we listen to Christian music. My kids love the songs. They know most of the words, and when they listen they are filled with hope and truth. My son's ipod contains many of those same songs. And he paid for those tunes!

Music has such a strong influence on people. That's why it's important to watch what we put into our heads. Should we purposely allow garbage to go in when God's Word says, "And what communion has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14c)" I'd rather have something positive, like good Christian music. It helps me praise my Lord, and it makes me remember Who it is I serve. I really like this music in me!

No comments: