Monday, February 1, 2010

How Do You Start Your Day?

How do you start your day? Do you start if off with a cup of coffee to get those eyelids open so you can slowly ease into your day? Or are you a scrambler, hopping out of bed at the last minute because you slept through all the snooze alarms. Or do you wake up with a smile, knowing that it's going to be a good day?However you wake up, I hope you are remembering to pray and to give the day to the Lord.

Personally, I like to start my day with my Bible open and my mind set on the Lord. I make sure I'm up before anyone else so I can have some uninterrupted time reading His Word. Then I get up and pray in my head as I get ready, asking the Lord to bless my husband, family, and friends, and to bless my day with whatever He has planned for me. I don't feel right if I haven't given God His time. It's almost like tithing my day: giving Him the very first part of it.

Now I know everyone can't start their day out like this, but there is always time to pray. We don't have to be prostrated on the floor or down on our knees (although there are definitely times when we do need to do this when we are in deep and earnest prayer to our God); we just need to have an attitude of prayer where we are conversing readily and are listening intently to what He has to say. This can be as we're driving to work, taking a shower, or running errands, or whatever free time we have where we can talk to God and share our heart with Him.

How do you start your day? I hope you're starting it with God in some way, shape or form, so He can direct your day.




No comments: