Monday, February 22, 2010

Blessings

I had a wonderful book signing this past Saturday. It was the first one for my new book, The Declaration of Independence from A to Z, which was held at Blue Chair Children's Books in Glendora, California.

The Lord blessed me with great weather (it had rained the night before, so the weather was beautiful), a perfect location at a very cute children's store in the old town district, a wonderful hostess and owner, and lots of family and friends and friendly people who came in to buy my book. We actually sold out!

The night before, though, I had gotten nervous because I didn't know what to expect. There were too many unanswered questions. My heart was stirred to pray. I felt overwhelmed, not at what could happen exactly, but just the amazing opportunity that God had opened up for me. I needed to pray to thank Him for His blessings.

There is a perfect Scripture for what I was feeling. It was a prayer by King David when God had blessed him with so much. He said, "Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my house, that you have brought me this far?" (2 Samuel 7:18) I got on my knees and prayed this, because, frankly, I was, and still am, overwhelmed by all that God has done for me in my short writing career.

What is the secret of my success? Following God's leading in everything. I gave Him my writing career from day one. And He has blessed. Thank you, Lord!!


No comments: