Monday, December 28, 2009

Words

It never fails. At least once a year my sore throat turns into laryngitis. This time my voice started fading as I enjoyed Christmas with the relatives. I started out strong, and by the end of the evening I could feel the strain on my vocal cords and only a mere whisper proceeded from my lips. Now I'm trying only to speak when necessary.

But that is a difficult feat to accomplish. There is just too much to say or to explain. Hand signs or scraps of paper fail to communicate all that is in my heart and mind. I can't wait until I get my voice back.

Of course, times like these help me to recognize just how important our words are. That is why when I read my Bible I try to really look at the words. Granted I do take into account the fact that it has been translated, but I can still understand the message that the Lord is trying to get across to me. Sometimes a particular word will jump out. It was used for a reason, and I try to see how the Lord would apply it to my life. It's amazing the insights you can receive when you really "pay attention" to the words.


No comments: