Friday, December 18, 2009

Singing Through the Season

I love Christmas music. The songs bring back wonderful memories from my childhood: chilly nights, candy canes, marshmallows, decorated Christmas trees, and manger scenes. They also play prominently now at my home when we decorate the house or have our yearly Christmas cookie baking day.

The nice thing is my children are sharing in this love. My oldest told me as Thanksgiving was approaching that he couldn't wait for the beginning of the Christmas songs as they now play from Thanksgiving to Christmas. We all enjoy singing along in the car or at home as a catchy or familiar tune hits the airwaves.

And I love that our worship services at church feature beloved Christmas hymns. The joyous sounds of the whole congregation joining in song is but a hint of what we can look forward to when we sing in heaven.

Yes, I love singing through the season. It prepares my heart for the best time of the year: celebrating the birth of our Savior.

No comments: