Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taking Time to Pray

How does God do it? How does He keep track of all the people in the world? The Bible says that He knows the hairs on everyone's head. Considering the population of the world is over 6.8 billion, that's a lot of heads. Yet He intimately knows each one of us. He knows our troubles and our joys.

As I grow older, I find there are more people to pray for. Sometimes in my busyness, I may forget to keep someone in prayer. It's just hard keeping track of everyone and everything that needs to be lifted up to the Lord. But I try. I even use my sleepless nights to ask the Lord, "Who do You want me to pray for right now?"

I'm not any holier because I pray. I pray mostly because that's the way I can get closer to God. There is a desire in me to get to know Him better, and besides reading my Bible, I know it is best to pray. It's not hard. It's like talking on the phone except you don't always hear a response right away. But I keep talking because I know for a fact He is listening.

If you don't pray often, try to make it a habit. God knows all about you (and He still loves you!). Why don't you try to know Him a little better through prayer?

No comments: